"We acquire the strength we have overcome."
heal (if i stay version) by tom odell
"You don’t know how deeply you are intertwined with someone until you try to walk away from them."
"Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough."
"Soon you’ll stop thinking about him as much as you do now. And soon your heart won’t drop when you see or hear his name, when you see a photo of him or remember a memory. Soon your heart won’t drop at all, and all these things that meant so much to you will fade and just like everything else in the world, it will turn to nothing and with that you’ll realise you stopped thinking about him all together, and when you hear his name you don’t think things like ‘i loved him’ or ‘i miss him’ or even ‘that’s my ex’ soon when you hear his name the only thought that will come into your mind is absolutely nothing and this is truely when when you realise that once again he has become a normal everyday person. That will be the part when you can smile at yourself and say you survived. And i won’t promise it’ll happen tomorrow, or in a week, or even a month. It might take a while. But never forget ‘time heals all wounds’."
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
“I meant to write something long and heartbreaking that included everything I’ve yet to say. But I guess, I’ll leave it at:
I hope you’re happy. I hope she’s making you feel invincible. As if you’ve never felt more alive your entire life. As if you’ve never felt a part of something as real as this. I hope she’s everything you’ve ever wanted. I hope she’s more than everything you’d ever prepare yourself for.
Because again, I can’t be that for you.